Gender Selection Cyprus – Our goal at the leading fertility clinic in Nicosia is to understand your reproductive health needs so that we can develop the best individualized treatment plan for you, including your options for gender selection.
Are you looking for ways to balance your family? Do you want to choose the sex of your baby? If your desire is to have a boy, our gender selection services could be the right option for you. If your desire is to have a girl, gender selection North Cyprus at euroCARE IVF is an option.
Our goal at euroCARE IVF in Cyprus is to understand your reproductive health needs so that we can develop the best individualized treatment plan for you.
We offer leading technology coupled with a personal commitment to each of our patients in order to produce the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
Gender Selection North Cyprus
Gender selection is a special procedure that allows parents to choose the sex of the baby.
Depending on the reasons, there are two types of gender selection:
- Medical gender selection designed to prevent a genetic disease such as muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, Fragile X syndrome, autism, etc. from being passed on the offspring. Medical gender selection is also performed for psychological reasons, for example in cases when the parents lost a child and want a baby of the same sex, or single mothers who may be more inclined to have a daughter.
- Non-medical gender selection is done when the parents intentionally, without any medical reason, choose the gender of their baby. This is also known as “gender balancing” when parents choose the gender of their baby that is not represented in the family. Cultural background in countries where there is preference for boys over girls also may play a role in such decisions.
Couples who are at increased risk for having aneuploidy embryos should consider using genetic testing at our euroCARE IVF Center. Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) for aneuploidy is a powerful genetic test that may be performed on embryos during IVF treatment to choose the gender of your baby and to screen for numerical chromosomal abnormalities.
Upon request, euroCARE IVF performs the swim-up method for gender selection — which is similar to Microsort technologies. Our expert embryologist uses this sperm sorting procedure method which is nearly 60% accurate in sorting the sperm into male and female batches.
As of July 2016**, Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) can no longer be used for choosing the desired sex of your baby. Here at euroCARE IVF, we only use PGD to increase the likelihood of giving birth to a healthy child. It is one of the best techniques available to assist our IVF experts in North Cyprus in identifying and avoiding certain serious genetic diseases, and allows your baby to have a healthy start.
**If you are currently working with a clinic who is using PGD services for sex selection, THIS IS ILLEGAL, and you should contact our clinic immediately to learn more about the new PGD gender selection law.
The advantage of the blastomere biopsy is that the genetic input of both parents can be studied. Once an embryo reaches a 6- or 8-cell stage (cleavage stage), which is usually on the third day after fertilization, a small laser incision in performed to cut open the zona pellucida. Cells in the early-stage embryos have identical genetic signatures. One of the cells from the embryo is extracted and examined. The DNA of the cells is then screened to determine presence of genetic defects. At this stage, it is also possible to determine the gender of the embryo. The process usually takes one full week. After that healthy embryos of the desired sex are transferred to the mother’s uterus. PGD does not harm the developing embryo at this stage neither impedes its growth. Gender selection with PGD approaches 100% accuracy.
This is a list of some of the diseases detectable with PGD:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- Beta Thalassemia
- BREAST CANCER
- Central Core Disease
- Centronuclear (Myotubular) Myopathy
- Cerebellar Ataxia
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Chondrodysplasia Punctata
- Congenital Aganglionic Megacolon
- Conradi-Hunnerman Syndrome
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Factor VIII Deficiency
- Factor IX Deficiency
- Familial Spastic Paraparesis
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Friedrich’s Ataxia
- Gardener Syndrome
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Happle Syndrome
- Huntington’s Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Prostate Cancer
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Tay-Sachs Disease
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Hereditary diseases
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.