Last Updated on
Regular menstruation is a strong indicator that women’s reproductive system is functioning well. Regularity implies balanced hormones, quality ovulation and proper production of eggs.
Irregularities with the menstrual periods can cause difficulties in getting pregnant but does not rule out your chances of getting pregnant.
The advancement in reproductive medicine including in – vitro fertilization (IVF Cyprus) treatments that cope with these problems. These treatments can undoubtedly increase women’s chances of getting pregnant.
But, before we go deeper into the topic, let’s see what is defining the regularity of your menstrual period.
Important ranges that define a regular menstrual period
- 11 to 13 – Define the optimal frequency of regular menstrual periods for one year.
- 21 to 45 – Length of a menstrual period in young women
- 21 to 35 – Length of a menstrual period in adult women
- 28 – A number specifying the average length of regular period
The inconsistency in any of these ranges can be a sign that you should consult with your gynecologist.
What else defines a regular monthly cycle and menstruating?
A woman is having regular menstruation cycle if every month the following process is taking place:
- Release of hormones governing the egg’s development
- Initiation of egg development. The result is a follicle containing an egg in the early development stage.
- Growth of the egg to maturity (Usually takes 12 to 14 days of the monthly cycle)
- Ovulation (Proper release of the egg from ovaries, on average at the 14th day of the monthly cycle)
- Uterus’s preparation with changes in its physiological structure. This is necessary for the uterus to be able to receipt potential fertilized egg. It lasts 10-15 days after ovulation. It is characteristic of increased progesterone levels.
- Fertilization (or not)
- Menstruation (When fertilization didn’t happen. The endometrium receives a signal to expel itself from women’s body. Progesterone levels drop due to the absence of fertilization. The menstrual bleeding starts )
- Release of hormones to trigger next month’s cycle
Proper ovulation is an important step of the monthly cycle so women can conceive naturally. Though, missed menstruation doesn’t always mean that ovulation didn’t happen at all. Also, menstruating doesn’t have to mean that ovulation happens.
Yet, irregular menstruation periods underline irregular ovulating. So, let’s take a look at what irregularities you may face with your menstruating.
Types of irregular menstruation, how they affect your fertility and what solution you have available?
The range of problems that you might encounter varies from a once – per sometimes missed menstruation to the full absence of your menstruation.
We would like to go through the most common irregularities, so you can stay informed, ready to cope and aware of the solutions.
Not every woman has the luck of having exact and predictable periods. A lot of factors, such as stress, nutrition, surrounding changes, eating disorders, certain medications, etc. can affect the frequency and length of your menstruation.
Variations in your menstrual cycle’s length (One month 23 days, another month 34) are considered as irregular menstruation.
They are harmful because…
It is hard to predict your exact ovulation days.
The egg is available for fertilizing 12 to 24 hours. On the other side, the “window of implantation” of your endometrium is also a brief period.
That requires careful timing of sexual intercourse to increase the chances of conception. If your monthly cycle alters each month, it is going to be harder to predict your ovulation days.
- See a gynecologist
- Fertility medications
- Checks of the basal body temperature and cervical mucus
- Ovulation test kits to determine the production of luteinizing hormone (LH)
- Regular unprotected sexual intercourse with your partner
If you are experiencing this kind of irregular periods, don’t ignore the problem.
Irregular periods in some cases tend to grow into anovulation (no release of an oocyte during the cycle), which is a serious, but not an unsolvable problem. IVF Cyprus treatments have been found extremely helpful for cases as anovulation.
Amenorrhea (Primary and secondary)
Amenorrhea is a condition defined by a temporary or permanent absence of the menstrual period. Usually, it is recognized by a missed period for several months in a row (3 or more).
Without a doubt, this condition is more serious than unpredictable periods but is not impossible to resolve it and realize your wish to be a mother.
There are two types of amenorrhea:
- Primary (Diagnosed in young women who never got their menstruation until the age of 16 )
- Secondary (Several missed periods in women who are in reproductive age or advanced age, and have had normal menstrual cycle before)
Within the possible reasons for the occurrence of these conditions can be found:
- Natural causes such as pregnancy, breast-feeding or menopause
- Genetic or anatomic disorders (Primary amenorrhea)
- Insufficient development of reproductive organs (Primary amenorrhea)
- Premature ovarian failure (Both types of amenorrhea)
- Hormonal disbalance. Usually, increased levels of androgens, elevated production of prolactin or thyroid malfunction. (Applies for both types of amenorrhea)
- Usage of certain medications such as antidepressants, allergy medications, blood pressure drugs, antipsychotics, cancer chemotherapy (Secondary amenorrhea)
- Lifestyle. Mostly referring to low body weight, eating disorders, too much exercise, stress (Applies for both types of amenorrhea)
- Problems with the uterus’s lining such as scarring after certain fibroid treatments, cesarean section or Asherman’s syndrome (Applies for both types of amenorrhea)
Amenorrhea is harmful because…
It directly affects your ovulation and chances of getting naturally pregnant.
Variable due to the concrete diagnosis and symptoms. These conditions are manageable with treatments that can restore the hormonal balance, normalize the menstrual cycle and improve your fertility.
As the most successful approaches are denoted:
- Improving your nutrition and balance your weight
- Consulting how much exercise is beneficial for your condition
- Hormonal therapy to increase estrogen levels and prevent premature ovarian failure
- Practice stress management techniques such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture
- IVF treatments such as egg donation Cyprus, or embryo donation in cases of menopause and permanent loss of menstruation
Either premature menopause or regular menopause, this condition is serious. It is still the biggest worry for the majority of women who didn’t have a child yet or who want to enlarge their families before entering menopause
Menopause is defined as the absence of menstruating for 12 months in a row. Premature menopause is diagnosed when women experience menstrual absence at the age of 40. Normal (the average age) for menopause is 51.
Specific to this condition is also the increased level of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and low level of estradiol and estrogen.
Menopause is harmful because…
Reaching menopause means that your body is no longer able to ovulate. Still, ruling out the possibility of having a child is one of the most common myths about fertility!
Either to prevent this from happening prematurely, or reach to assisted reproductive technologies.
How in – vitro fertilization (IVF in Cyprus) treatments can help you when other options failed to?
You have tried a lot to prevent and treat menstrual irregularities, but it didn’t work the way you expected. Or you just want to rather be safe than sorry?
Whatever your condition is, at our clinic you can find IVF treatments for infertility, but also to preserve your own egg from the times you were most fertile.
Getting pregnant can get overwhelming and exhausting, we are aware and very sorry because of that, but every effort is worth on this path!
That’s why our team has devoted their lives to helping women to overcome any kind of issue with fertility. With implementing our rich medical expertise and advanced technologies, we are proud to offer you a list of IVF treatments that can help you get pregnant even if you are no longer menstruating.
IVF Cyprus treatments are performed along with strong monitoring and quality evaluation of the reproductive material in every step of the conception process. The fact that everything is done in an advanced technological and controlled environment promises high rates of success. The extensive fertility evaluations prior to initiating the IVF steps also contribute to achieving a healthy pregnancy.
IVF Cyprus treatments with donor’s reproductive material
These treatments are suitable for those whose reproductive material resulted in pregnancy complications. No matter the reasons, here are the available treatments for you:
IVF with Egg donation in Cyprus
This fertility treatment is one of the assisted reproductive technologies, using cutting-edge technology development to increase your chances of getting pregnant. You can choose what type of egg donor you would use, but you should not worry about how to find egg donors. We have a database of carefully examined egg donors available to you.
This treatment has been proven extremely beneficial for women:
- In more advanced reproductive age
- Who experienced premature menopause
- Carrying some genetic diseases
- Suffering from malfunctioned ovaries
- Who have several failed cycles of IVF
As an IVF process, it means fertilizing the egg (in this case the egg of the egg donor) with the sperm outside the woman’s body. After fertilization, the fertilized egg is transferred to the woman’s uterus.
The process of IVF with egg donation includes several steps:
- Stimulation with medications – You, not only your egg donor, will have to start with injections to prepare your uterus for the transfer.
- Synchronization – Your cycle, together with the egg donor cycle will be carefully synchronized.
- Egg retrieval – After the synchronization phase, the egg donor starts medication therapy to stimulate the growth and maturation of a group of eggs. After quality evaluation, the most healthy egg is retrieved with ultrasound-guided aspiration.
- Fertilization – With the application of intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), the fertilization of the sperm and the collected egg is performed.
- Embryo transfer – After fertilization, the embryos in the blastocyst stage are transferred to the woman’s body. This transfer is done after close evaluation and consultation with you, as a recipient.
To avoid any further risks, several additional treatments can be done in this process.
Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS Cyprus) can be done to screen for chromosomal abnormalities, but also to help you choose your child’s gender if you want to. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGG Cyprus) is a screening method to prevent the transfer of genetic disorders.
Also, assisted reproductive technologies such as embryo glue or assisted hatching can be performed to prevent implantation failure.
The chances for you to get pregnant are not only increased, but the quality of your pregnancy can be improved too with the IVF treatment suitable for you.
IVF with embryo donation
This treatment can also be found within euroCARE’s list of offered treatments to help you get pregnant. It is a kind of third-party assisted reproduction. This treatment helps infertile couples or women who decided to go solo on the pregnancy journey.
Embryo donation at euroCARE IVF is recommended when a single woman or couple cannot produce viable eggs and/or sperm — and need to use both forms of egg donation and sperm donation to have the baby they desire.
The usual process is performed as with IVF treatment with egg donation, with a difference in the reproductive materials used. In this treatment, the egg and the sperm are coming from donors willing to help an infertility couple (or single women) to get pregnant.
Tandem IVF Cyprus is rarely available at fertility clinics around the globe, but euroCARE is offering you this treatment option as well. This treatment allows you to have the donor’s egg as a backup option, and your own reproductive material would be prioritized for transfer.
Both, your egg and donor’s egg would be fertilized by ICSI and after the embryo grading it will be decided which one will be transferred. The procedure is following the procedures of standard IVF and IVF with egg donation procedure.
This way, we can help you to double your chances of getting pregnant!
Egg donation success rates at euroCARE IVF in Cyprus
The percentage of a successful pregnancy through IVF using donor eggs at the euroCARE IVF clinic in North Cyprus are as follows:
under 35 years: 80%
45+ : 70%
The high percentage of pregnancy rates for egg donation cycles is due to the use of donor eggs that are obtained from young, healthy women aged 21-28. Also, the advanced tests mandatory for the donors contribute to these great success rates.
IVF Cyprus preventive treatments with own reproductive material
This group of treatments is suitable for those who insist on using their own reproductive material and tend to be preventive on their pregnancy journey. These treatments are working if they would be made on time, at the pick of your fertility.
Cryopreservation in Cyprus
Here at euroCARE in Cyprus, you also have available the possibility to freeze your eggs when you are most fertile. Those can be fertilized and transferred later when you decide.
Cryopreservation in Cyprus allows you to preserve your fertility and freeze eggs at an earlier age. Your ability to produce healthy egg supply decreases in the late ’30s and early ’40s. The egg quality also declines with age. Decreased quality of your reproductive material can lead to further pregnancy complications. The procedure is very similar to the standard IVF.
Frozen embryo transfer (FET)
Belong to the group of more preventive treatments. You can undergo an IVF treatment with your partner, and your embryo can be frozen, stored and transfer upon your later request. The egg and sperm are fertilized outside a woman’s body with the help of in-vitro technologies.
No matter your circumstances, euroCARE IVF is here to help you!
We understand how stressful getting pregnant can be. Because of that, euroCARE offers you an extensive list of fertility treatments in Cyprus.
We have prepared multiple packages with fertility evaluation and IVF treatments that are successful and low-cost fertility treatments.
Furthermore, our team offers you a free consultation, so you can gain an exact evaluation of the situation you are facing and the right treatment for you. Use the expertise of the best IVF doctors in Cyprus and raise your chances of getting pregnant.
You are just one step away for improving your chances of holding a beautiful baby in your arms!
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.
No Waiting List
Schedule treatment when it's best suitable for you.
Situated in the scenic Mediterranean town of Nicosia. Relax. Unwind.